Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Didcot Town Football Club


Reserves - Match centre

Didcot Town Reserves
Wallingford Town
Sat 2 Sep 15:00 - UHLSPORT HELLENIC LEAGUE - Division One East Full time

Derby Day Draw

Reserves 0-0 Wallingford Town - Report by Alistair MacDonald

A lively crowd (most of whom had watched the First Team match on TV in
the clubhouse) saw a game of misses, good goalkeeping and last minute
defending which resulted in a point each but no goals.

Early on away keeper Simon Matthews crashed a clearance against Jack
Hollister with the rebound just over the bar. On 10 minutes Ross
MacDonald had a fine run ending with a swinging cross but teammates had
not made it in to the box to benefit. Aaron Davies for the Railwaymen
applied some pressure which resulted in a cleared corner but the first
clear chance came when Will Wright skipped clear for Wallingford and
Ashley Stevens in the home goal made a fine save.

Jack Kitchener's shot from distance was diverted wide before a
Wallingford free kick was cleared. Two saves by Stevens in the home goal
were matched by Filipowicz and Stone for Didcot who had shots blocked
and over the bar respectively. Another Ross MacDonald cross went begging
just before a MacDonald corner saw Lewis Wilcox head on to the post.
Jack Hollister then turned his marker inside out however he dragged his
shot wide when bearing in on the away keeper. Hollister then had a
header scrape the top,of the crossbar and the half finished with
MacDonald beating two defenders but appearing to be pushed in the box
but no penalty was given.

Wallingford applied some early pressure in the second half but Stevens
in the home goal was on hand to easily save. Keiren Collins played a
lovely ball to MacDonald but he has held back on the edge of the box and
failed to meet the ball. Jack Hollister was substituted and Taylor Janes
came on. Not long after Aaron Lopez had a fine shot just wide of goal
for Wallingford. Matheus Madeiros replaced the injured Ross MacDonald
and almost immediately Madeiros had a mazy run but was crowded out at
the last minute.

Wallingford then had the ball in the net from a well worked free kick
but an Assistant Ref had flagged early for offiside and we continued
goalless. Filipowicz for a Didcot had a shot on the volley well over the
bar before Joe Parish replaced Joel Thompson for the home team. With 15
minutes remaining Aaron Davies had a fine run in to the box swerving
away from defenders and when one on one with the keeper poked the ball
on to the post and the ball was cleared. Filipowicz had another shot
over the bar before Taylor a Janes won the ball in midfield and his run
finished with a shot just wide of the post. JOe Parish had a great block
from a dangerous away attack and although Didcot finished on the front
foot they could not find the winning goal.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Division One East results

Sandhurst Town

League table

# Team Pl Pts
7. Holyport 17 24
8. Thame Rangers 16 20
9. Didcot Town Reserves 19 19
10. AFC Aldermaston 17 15
11. Chalfont Wasps 16 12
12. Chinnor 18 12
13. Milton United 18 8

Team sponsors


Club sponsors